Senior Applications Developer
Beckman Coulter Genomics (Beverly/Danvers, MA) 5/2008 – 6/2011
Created and enhanced existing external and internal custom web applications to support operations, marketing, and customer service.
- Worked with a global team to extend the customer facing "Project Submission" web portal to support international customers and service locations. Consolidated similar applications from an acquisition.
- Developed and coordinated a new marketing website, using SEO friendly semantic HTML & CSS, powered by a custom lightweight CMS with PHP/MySQL for updating content.
- Coordinated with customers and vendors to develop and integrate eProcurement solutions, including "punchout" sites. Developed a custom cXML einvoicing system using Perl with Oracle Applications.
Senior Software Developer/Architect
Neptune Web, Inc. (Somerville, MA) 2003 – 2008
Lead Developer with project management , client relationship management, product training, level 1 support, and pre-sales client facing responsibilities.
- Extended the company's flagship content management software suite, Neptune Web Edit, with various new "modules" including blogging, podcasting, user registration/management, ecommerce, and others.
Senior Software Engineer
Northern Light / divine (Cambridge/Burlington, MA) 2001 – 2003
Lead developer and architect of the Content Filtering Software, a core technology of the SinglePoint enterprise search product. Coordinated the effort of 4 developers, intra-component design and timelines, and client facing implementation roles for a breadth of clients, including Fidelity Investments, Adobe Software, IDC, Weider, and several others.
- Developed content filters and web crawling agents for a variety of custom news/content feeds, common office document types (doc, ppt, xls, pdf, etc.), various databases/repositories, and web sites using Object Oriented Perl
- Devised NIMF XML intra-business standard for client/vendor data representation
- Client facing in pre-sales, requirements gathering, as a Technical Lead, and in product support and enhancement efforts
- Contributed to the streamlining of internal testing procedures, development processes, documentation/specification writing, and coding standards.
Razorfish, Inc. (Cambridge, MA) 2000 – 2001
Developed web sites, corporate intranets, extranets, and web applications using many server and client-side technologies, while developing strong client facing and communication skills.
- Technical Lead for the Vanguard Group Intranet coordinated the inter-office efforts of 3 Razorfish and 4 Vanguard developers for 5 months.
- Contributed to the development of many projects and client engagements, including Gloss.com, DuPont Lycra, Estee Lauder, MAC Cosmetics, and many others.
Web Development Skill
Language Familiarity:Adobe AIR, Visual Basic, .NET, ASP (Classic)
Software Development Skills:web services / REST, Unix shell scripting, OOP, regular expressions, SDLC, build automation, version control (git, SVN, CVS), agile development, unit and regression testing, cross browser compatibility
Web APIs:Amazon AWS (S3, SDB, EC2, R53), Constant Contact, RegOnline, Salesforce (and many others)
Web Server Technologies:
MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Apache, IIS
System Administation:Linux (Red Hat, Debian, CentOS), ESXi, Windows 2003/2008, Solaris
automated web crawling, data mining, interaction design, semantic markup, search engine optimization concepts, virtualization technologies, content management systems
Bachelor of Arts:
Computer Science and Digital Media
School of Cognitive Science,
Hampshire College (Amherst, MA)
Five College GPA: 3.76
Recipient of research grants from The National Science Foundation, UMASS Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval, and The Lemelson Foundation.
Mediahole.com: A Streaming Audio MP3 Search Engine.
Real-time discovery based web crawling agents and a search backend/interface to 30,000 "stations" searchable by artist, title, and genre.
Larkey, Ogilvie, Price and Tamilio. Acrophile: An Automated Acronym Extractor and Server. Proceedings of the ACM Digital Libraries 2000 Conference.
Everything found at tamilio.com.